Part One:
The dream poem that initially caught my attention the most was the poem titled, In Your War Dream. It was different from the other poems, in that it was about a bomber crew having to fly 35 missions over enemy territory and enemy countries. All the other poems were fish themed, for some reason. I liked how he describes the countries and the land. "The orange one ahead looks cold. The purple one north of that is the one you must bomb." Up in the sky there is no politics, or diplomatic relations. All the land is more or less the same. No borders or anything.
Part Two:
Over the summer I helped out a friend of mine with his biplane ride business. He would travel to fly-ins and festivals with room to land a plane all over the state and he would give rides in his vintage 1930s biplane. He would give me a call when he needed me to help him out and I would get in my plane and fly over to wherever he was in my own plane. I absolutely loved doing it for him. This inspired me to think about doing my own biplane rides service when I get older. Now, my friend doesn't do his biplane rides business as his full time job. He's also a captain for Net Jets, a private jet charter company. I know that I would have to work hard to even begin to think rationally about opening up my own business. That's why I'm in college, to learn the necessary skills needed to succeed at my career and earn the money to finance my dreams.
Part Three:
I could get all sentimental here and spout cliches about how I want world peace and how everybody should just love each other and get along with each other. But I think more compartmentalized on these kinds of topics. I think a dream for my neighborhood is more realistic. I hardly even know my neighbors. I am not a hundred percent sure what the name is of the people who live across the street from me, the house with the two dogs in the fenced in backyard that always bark at me while I mow the lawn. I would really like to get to know my neighbors better. We are a neighborhood isolated from each other. Humans are social animals. We crave connection. I think that bringing my neighborhood together would help our community.
I like your sense of longing for interaction with your neighbors. I know most of the people on my street, mostly because of how small our town is. It is really nice being acquainted with your neighbors and I strongly recommend that you carry out this desire.
ReplyDelete