Thursday, December 7, 2017

Last Journal-Aaron Jacoby

Aaron Jacoby
English 2367 at 1:30
12/07/2017

Part One: The poem that caught my interest the most was "In Your Small Dream". To me, he poem was about feeling trapped and helpless. Even when trying to help others, you feel helpless. I especially feel this in this part of the poem: ""Get out. The wind is on its way." The old men frown." I really felt related to this poem because it can be so true. Some people don't want help and no matter how much you do for someone, none of it matters.
Part Two: My dream for myself is to actually follow my dreams in themselves. I have always wanted to be rich and it has clouded my vision of finding what I truly want to do. This semester has helped to show me that I should focus on things that will truly make me happy. I know for sure that I want to travel a lot in my life and whatever I do will involve that somehow. I want to learn patience, but the right kind of patience. Not the "sit around and wait for something to happen" kind of patience. I want to learn how to try things out and be patient when they don't work the way I want them to. I want to learn how to stay positive about my life even if I don't have a plan for my career. I want the courage to try something even when it sounds unrealistic. I want to learn how to climb and appreciate the climb of the mountain(of life) rather than just focusing on the peak. Life is a giant series of processes, and my dream is to learn how to navigate them while being happy.
Part Three: I would really like to see our country get away from greed. America's dream has turned into being rich without caring what happens to anyone but themselves. People put so much value on objects and treat objects better than they do people. I want this to change. I want people to value their interactions with people more and to treat people better. I want people to get off social media and go do something meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.