Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Dreams and Vision: Nuh Issack

Part one:
The poem by Richard Hugo  that captured my attention is " in Your War  Dream". Hugo describes the difficult situation that soldiers go through when they go for war. In such a situation one is required to live in a condition that is not interesting for the person. " food is still bad". Here, the poet is trying to shade some light on the basic needs that the men in the war may sometimes lack. in addition to not having good food to eat, these soldiers are subjected to work under a harsh environment. " you stand beside the odd water. A terrible wind keeps knocking you down" All these show that the soldiers in the fight are living in unhappy conditions.

Part two
 A dream for myself 
I have a dream and I am working hard towards a achieving it. My dream is to become a pharmacist and a professor in mathematics and chemistry.  A journey of one thousand miles starts with one step. By this i mean i have taken the initial steps to make this possible. but this just a tip of the iceberg, the storm is yet to come. I have a lot left for me to accomplish my dream. However, I have the commitment, dedication and  courage to do this and I will one day reach my dreams.

Part three
The dream that I have my country, Somalia, which is about to be removed from the world map due a civil war that lasted for almost thirty years is to see it stand on her own feet and compete with the rest of the countries. I also have a dream for the young generations of my country and hope to see them  get a decent education and make a difference in their country and the world.




2 comments:

  1. Your dream could easily be turned into a goal with so the right guidance and the right steps you'll be at your finial destination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuh, I really admire your dream for the young generations of your country. Education is a very powerful weapon. I believe that every person in this world deserve to have a good education. I really hope you get to accomplish your goals. Don’t give up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.