Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Journal 9 by Lexia Wilson

Part One:
My favorite poem by Richard Hugo is In Your Wild Dream. This one interests me the most because it was so out there and different. It is very similar to real life in the fact that one thing can lead to another. Like in the poem you are fishing and then there is a dog that wants to kill you. The craziest thing in the poem was the line, " You are riding a camel in Athens. The citizens yell "We are not Arab. This is not sand." The camel is a yacht". I found this line interesting because it seems as if it is so out of nowhere and I like it.

Part Two:
Everyone is probably saying that their dream in life is to find love and live happily ever after, while that is great and I would love that as well but my ultimate goal in life is to be a doctor. Ever since I was young I have always had a love for helping people. So, my dream is to become a doctor. If I were to get a little bit crazy and dream big I think I would love to be a general surgeon...possibly. Becoming a doctor takes a long time and is a huge commitment but I am determined to achieve my dream that I will do whatever it takes to get there.

Part Three:
A dream that I have for my country or even the world is to be cancer free. I know that is all I talk about is cancer, I talk about it my journals, in class, and in my final essay but cancer has been a huge pain in my butt to say the least. Everyone has been affected by cancer in some way shape or form I am sure of it. But if the world were to be cancer free we wouldn't have that problem anymore, we wouldn't have to lose time with loved ones because of this awful disease. Maybe my becoming a doctor has something to do with me wanting to find a cure for cancer...who knows maybe I will be working with a team of researches when they find the cure someday.

1 comment:

  1. I love your determination and how strongly you feel about becoming a doctor. I am also impressed about your bigger vision of finding cure for cancer. That will be the greatest thing ever. Hopefully someday, we will read about your research the cure of cancer and I will be proud to say, my colleague and classmate. Keep up your dream and thanks for sharing your passion with us. Sky is the limit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.