Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Journal #9 - Lexi Patterson

Part One: Of all of Richard Hugo's poems, "In Your Wild Dream" was my favorite. To me, this poem is about having a dream that has set backs and bumps in the road, but after struggling for a while, you learn just to go with the flow. Let the dream take you, and realize that everything you need to succeed, is right in front of you. "Around you beautiful flowers are blooming. You know now you need nothing to live, food, love or water. You giggle and giggle because you are free. Birds above you keep flying away."
Part Two: One of the biggest dreams I have is to get into The Ohio State's School of Veterinary Medicine. Most people do not understand how difficult it is to actually get accepted into vet school. Due to the small number of veterinary schools around the country, it is actually harder to get into vet school than medical school. Ohio State's vet school receives around 1,200 applications every year and only accepts 162 new students. That's a 13.5% acceptance rate. So, to me, my dream is very eccentric and difficult to pull off, even if others don't think so.
Part Three: One dream I have for our country is to "go green" and help save the environment. I truly believe our planet is headed down a bad path with global warming, deforestation, and the extinction of animals. I believe if everyone does one small thing a day to help save our planet, we could make a tremendous impact.

2 comments:

  1. Well I hope you get into veterinary school, don't give up. Most people might shy away from that field once seeing the acceptance rate, but it doesn't sound like your one of them. Good job and keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope more people show concern for the enviroment and how we treat it. More concern for the enviroment will hopefully cause more enviromental friendly solutions to business, agricultural, and everyday life problems.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.